EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
We, through our parent company, The Nature’s Bounty Co., participate in and have certified compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. The Company is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certifications, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield site .
Under each Privacy Shield Framework, the Company is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf when our agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless the Company is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. The Company complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to each of the Privacy Shield Frameworks, the Company is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S. based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request .
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website here, you may invoke binding arbitration after other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Personal Information We Collect From You Directly
We may collect personal information about you in several situations. For example, we may collect information when you create an account or purchase online, contact us with questions, provide feedback regarding our products, or answer questions about your product interests. When you sign up for our products and services, you may give us permission to access information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook account, which allows us to obtain information from that account, like your name and email address. You do not have to provide your personal information, but if you decide not to do so, you may limit the features that you are able to access through our Services.
The personal information we may collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number;
- Financial payment information, such as credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information;
- Unique identifiers such as user name and password;
- Preferences information such as product wish lists, order history, and marketing preferences; and
- Other information you may provide to us in your communications or in connection with our products or the Services, including birthdate, gender, and photographs containing images of you.
Please note that we define “personal information” as stated here – that is, as information that either identifies you on its face, or ties you to other information in our own records that directly identifies you. It is possible that third parties may be able to personally identify you by other means, including by associating facially anonymous information about your Internet activity with other records.
User Data Supplementation
We and our partners/affiliates also may collect certain information by automated means when you use our Services, including your internet protocol ("IP") address; information about your web browser software and version; if you arrived at the Services through a link from another website, the uniform resource locator ("URL") of the linking page; your mobile device identifier and other technical information about devices you use to access the Services; and information about your activity while using the Services, such as which pages you choose to view, queries you make using our "search" function, and other information about your account usage.
We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
We and our third party partners, such as advertising partners, marketing partners, and service providers, use certain technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to track activity on the Services. These technologies are used for purposes such as analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual basis (that is, reports of your own activity) as well as on an aggregated basis (that is, reports of all user activity or of the activity of certain users as a group).
You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Services features.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
Please note we do not currently support any browser based Do Not Track (DNT) settings or participate in any DNT frameworks, and we do not assign any meaning to any potential DNT track signals you may send or alter any of our data collection or use practices in response to such signals.
If you wish to not have your browsing information used for the purpose of serving you ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Customers from the European Union may alter their advertising preferences here . Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
We may use the personal information we collect about you in the ways described below.
- Contact Us: We may use personal information about you to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with us through links or pages provided by the Services, such as the "Contact Us" feature.
- Shopping: If you purchase products through the Services, we will use personal information about you to process your purchase, confirm your order, and deliver the items to you.
- Email Newsletters and Promotions: We may use personal information about you to send you newsletters, exclusive offers and promotions, and product news through email. We may use personal information to tailor marketing to your preferences. We also may use personal information about you to administer our promotions.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards: We may use personal information about you to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or sweepstakes; if so, that company will be prohibited from using our users' personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- Feedback: We may use information you provide to us, regarding our products and services, to provide product feedback to our customers through the Services.
Information We Share
We are affiliated with a number of other health and wellness brands, all under The Nature’s Bounty Co. Our affiliates may share your personal information among themselves. We will not share your personal information in ways other than as outlined in this policy. In addition, we may share personal information with other entities, including in the following circumstances:
- Marketing Partners: We may share your personal information with select marketing partners that we believe would be of interest to you. We describe below how you may choose to instruct us not to share personal information about you with our marketing partners.
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host websites, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for us, process payments on our behalf, ship your orders, provide you with live chat service, or provide certain other components of websites). We do not authorize service providers to use or disclose the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
- Analytics: We may allow third parties to collect information in order to provide us with analytics. For instance, the Services may use analytics tools provided by Google to help us understand how people use the Services. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools at http://www.google.com/analytics/.
- Legal Process: We may disclose your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, and to comply with our other legal obligations.
- Transactions: We may share personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets. The purchaser or prospective purchaser that receives personal information from us in connection with a corporate transaction will be obligated to use and disclose the information solely for purposes related to the transaction, to protect the information with appropriate security safeguards, and to return the information or destroy it within a reasonable time if the transaction does not proceed. We will notify you via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Other Circumstances: As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We Provide You Choices.
You can subscribe to receive marketing offers or solicitations from us through email by clicking here. If you prefer not to receive marketing email from us, please click here or contact us at email@example.com. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective. Please note that your request not to receive marketing emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not of a marketing nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages.
If you have established a user account in connection with one of our Services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that the Company maintains about you through your account settings or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you the Services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are a California resident, you may request, up to one time each year, information about our sharing of personal information about you with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In this regard, our policy is that we will not share personal information about you with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you instruct us not to do so.
You can tell us your preference or make a request for information about our practices by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at:
The Nature’s Bounty Co.
2100 Smithtown Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779
Sharing Site Content With A Friend
You may be able to share certain content from our Services with others by asking us to forward the content. To share information, we ask for the recipient's and your name and email addresses. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We collect and store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Our Services offer a publicly accessible blog and customer reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know that we are unable to do so and why.
Third Party Websites
Our Services may provide links to websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. All of these websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites and applications that you use to better understand their privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide through our Services.
Among other safeguards, we use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology to help protect transmissions over the internet of your payment card data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the internet, you can contact us using the toll-free number listed on the website from which you want to order. If you have any questions regarding security, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Our Services are not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us via the contact details listed below. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
How to Contact Us
The Nature’s Bounty Co.
2100 Smithtown Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779
Last Updated: 11/29/17